OUR PDPA POLICY
1. We at The Hindi Society (Singapore) [“HS”] commit to protect your personal data.
2. This document sets out our policies [“PDPA Policy”] on data collection, usage, disclosure, processing and protection, which are subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”), and governs all dealings and contacts between HS and you.
3. This PDPA Policy may be updated periodically in accordance with changes in the prevailing law. Please check this web page for updates, if any.
What will or may be collected
4. The personal data that may be collected includes but is not limited to:
4.1 personal identification information, including name, national identification and passport numbers, gender, date of birth, photographs, video recordings, closed circuit television (CCTV) footage, audio recordings;
4.2 contact information, including postal address, email address, fixed-line telephone phone number and mobile phone number;
4.3 personal records, including academic history/records, academic qualifications, medical history, health/sickness reports and records, employment history and records;
4.4 payment information, namely, credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date, and bank account details where GIRO is involved;
4.5 all other material information or data depending on the circumstances of the transaction or event involved
What will or may be done with the Personal Data collected
5. Your Personal Data will or may be used for the following purposes, including but without limitation:
5.1 to process, use and disclose the information for, among other activities, the following:
5.1.1 all teaching and school related activities, examinations, tests, get-togethers, training, events, competition, scholarships/awards nominations, rehearsals;
5.1.2 evaluation of applications and notifying of awards and grants, employment and /or membership to HS;
5.1.3 evaluation and notification of student related matters, such as candidature matters, achievements, placements, programmes or courses;
5.1.4 fulfilment of student related activities (e.g. festival and national event celebrations, orientation, student camps, conferences, student benefit activities) as may be provided by HS to enhance student’s life, create networking opportunities, foster community spirit, and holistic development of students, teachers and staff;
5.1.5 publicising, updating and/or reporting on the activities of and developments in HS to students, staff, stakeholders and members of the public in any media, including media interviews by the general media, our web site(s), newsletters, letters, posters, exhibitions and publications, eg. Sadhana;
5.2 scheduling of courses and general administration/operations (ie. project management, work and teaching related communication)
5.3 for record keeping;
5.4 to promote, publicize or market activities, services and products offered by us, our partners as well as our appointed agents, and to conduct product or satisfaction surveys and market research;
5.5 to receive and respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorized;
5.6 to inform you about membership and registration matters where applicable, such as change in policies;
5.7 to ensure safety, security, conduct investigations and legal compliance, including disclosures as may be allowed or required by law, government ministries, government agencies, the Board For the Teaching u0026amp; Testing of South Asian Languages (BTTSAL), and organs of state
(collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
6. We may use and disclose your Personal Data within HS, and to third parties:
6.1 In order to fulfil the Purposes listed above, we may:
6.1.1 Disclose or transfer your Personal Data to third parties in Singapore and overseas, and your Personal Data may also be transmitted to data storage facilities or our offices and appointed agents in Singapore or other countries in connection with our performance of the transaction with you;
6.1.2 share your Personal Data with our trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Data except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data;
6.2 If required or authorised to do so by law or pursuant to a court order, including but not limited to where use and/or disclosure is:
6.2.1 necessary for any investigation or legal proceedings, including but not limited to fraud, intellectual property or personal data infringement;
6.2.2 necessary for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or obtaining legal advice or services;
6.2.3 necessary for responding to an emergency that threatens the life, health, security or safety of an individual;
6.2.4 in connection with or forms part of any purchase, sale, lease, merger or amalgamation of HS, including business or assets, or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of HS, but otherwise it is not in our usual course of business to sell, rent or lease your Personal Data to third parties.
Consent (Express, Implied and Deemed)
7. In general, your express consent will be sought when collecting your Personal Data, for the Purposes, uses and disclosures set out above. There will also be instances where your consent for the collection or use of your Personal Data will necessarily be implied or deemed from the circumstances by nature of the task or transaction, including your interaction with us or in the course of signing up for, or accepting, any of our activities, services or products.
8. Where you are supplying the Personal Data of another individual (e.g. information of your child, parent, spouse, and/or employees, etc.), you shall ensure that the individual whose Personal Data is supplied to us has consented to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes, and is informed of and consents to the terms of this PDPA Policy.
Withdrawal of Consent
9. You have the option of withdrawing your consent to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data by making a written request to our Personal Data Protection Officer. Depending on the scope of your withdrawal, you will not be able to receive any updates on, and/or participate in, our activities, but your Personal Data may continue to be used and disclosed for other purposes such as processing of transactions you have with us.
Access U0026AMP; Correction
10. We will, upon your written request to our Personal Data Protection Officer, allow you to enquire about the ways in which your personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the request. Where required or authorised to do so by law, we may charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service and/or deny your request for access to your Personal Data.
11. You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, current and accurate. If at any time you believe that any Personal Data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to our Personal Data Protection Officer immediately.
12. We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of your Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying modification, disposal, or similar risks.
13. While we will take reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that no hacking or no harmful code will enter our web sites and computer systems (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware, or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with disclosing any information or transacting over the Internet or when using online portals, and we urge you to take every precaution when using the Internet to disclose your Personal Data to us, including using strong passwords, changing your password regularly and using a secure browser.
14. If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorised transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any loss or damage resulting from your act or omission to safe keep your username and password from unauthorised use.
15. Personal Data will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. We will cease to retain the personal data or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with individuals when it is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
16. If you:
16.1 have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our PDPA Policy;
16.2 would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data;
16.3 would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data; or
16.4 raise any issue or point that you are entitled to do under the prevailing law governing your personal data, please contact us by e-mail to email@example.com and/or by post to HS’s last known address with the subject title ‘PDPA Issue’ and addressed to the Personal Data Protection Officer, The Hindi Society (Singapore).
17. To protect your personal data and security, we will also require you to verify your identity
before we can respond substantially to your request.
Updated as 30th June 2021
Click here to download Hindi Society Consent Form